Stephen Ainsworth MA FIA ASA FPMI FCII TEP FRSA
- Master of Arts – Mathematics, University of Oxford
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (USA)
- Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute
- Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Trust and Estate Practitioner
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- President of the Channel Islands Actuarial Society 1991 - 1994
- President of the Guernsey Association of Pension Providers 2007 - current
- Executive Board Member of Abelica Global 2007 - 2008
- Chairman of Abelica Global 2008 - current
Stephen is the Chief Executive of the BWCI Group and the firm’s Senior Partner having been appointed to this position in 1991. He became a Partner of the
firm upon its establishment in 1979, since when he has been instrumental in overseeing the transition of the firm into a multi-disciplinary group. In
addition to advising a wide range of insurance and pensions clients of his own, Stephen is also responsible for chairing each of the Group’s operating subsidiaries.
He also holds a number of non-executive directorships for Guernsey based insurance companies and employee benefit trusts.
Before joining the Group, Stephen spent six years with Bacon & Woodrow in the UK, where he qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries in 1977.
He holds both a Life Actuary certificate and a Scheme Actuary certificate issued by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. Since the establishment of the firm in
1979 he has had extensive experience in advising clients across the whole range of the Group’s business. He helped to develop the offshore pension plan
concept for the firm and presented an award winning paper on the subject to the International Association of Consulting Actuaries in 2002.
He is the current Chairman of Abelica Global, the international organisation of consultants and actuaries.